As this year winds down, I want to take a moment to thank you for following the Scott County Visitors Commission in our inaugural year of our website blog. While it has been a different kind of year for many of us, if not all of us, I have tried to give you a little insight to the history and the people in our county’s history.
In 2020, we did not get to enjoy many of our typical outdoor festivals, fairs, parades and more. We even found ourselves sacrificing holidays, Fourth of July, Halloween, and Thanksgiving to keep our loved ones safe and healthy. It was a pleasure to give you a little insight to the history of Scott County this year but in the coming year, with high hopes and God’s will, we will be able to share with you many of the great activities that take place in Scott County that, we know, you will want to put on your calendars and share with your family and friends in 2021.
Here is the list of festivals we have scheduled for 2021!
- 143rd Annual Lexington Old Settler’s Day – June 18-19
- City of Austin’s Fireworks Display – July 2
- Scott County 4H Fair – July 4 – 10
- Leota Country Frolic – August 27-28
- Scott County Quilt Festival – September 10-11
- Austin Fireman’s Festival – September 17-18
- Raptor Days at Hardy Lake – September 24-25
- Scottsburg Haunted Downtown & Trunk or Treat – October 28
- Scottsburg Christmas Light Parade – November 27
- Austin Christmas Town Lighting & Parade – December 4
As new events, festivals and/or programs are added to our calendar year, we will post them on our Facebook page and website, and I will be sure to let you know right here on our blog too. We look forward to seeing you in Scott County in the coming New Year!
Executive Director, Scott County Visitors Commission