Whether it’s a one-night layover on your way to another destination or “Exit 29” becomes your inexpensive overnight “group base” for regional tours and activities; tour operators, as well as, groups love Scott County’s authentic flavor with affordable food, lodging and local unique tour options.
Located at Exit 29 on the I-65 corridor in the heart of the Midwest, Scott County (Scottsburg and Austin, IN) is an easy 30- minute drive to Louisville and conveniently located only 80 miles south of Indianapolis. Other major cities all within a short drive include Evansville, Cincinnati, Lexington Columbus, and a little distance is Chicago, Nashville, St. Louis, and Detroit.
The Scott County Visitors Commission will facilitate your group’s request for proposal (RFP) with area hotel sales departments and management and can help coordinate unique, and inexpensive, attractions to compliment and even surprise a diverse program tour. There are a variety of original attractions to see in Scott County with great recreational facilities, numerous historic sites, country little opry style music venue, unique festivals and destinations offering a wealth of distinctive activities for both kids and adults.
Scott County four pillars of tourism revolve around:
- Agri Tourism & Working Farm Tours– manufacturing, working farm tours
- Geo Tourism – variety of trails, state and local parks, reservoirs, raptor rehabilitation center
- Heritage Tourism – highlighting pioneer settlers, American Revolutionary, Civil and American Indiana wars activities and trails; Reno Gang’s Great Train Robbery,
- Cultural Tourism – special group concerts at Ross County Jamboree, barn quilt driving tour
Sample Activities and/or Tour Ideas for Consideration
Programs are all customized to meet your groups interests and/or demographics
- Goat Milk Stuff – tastings, private tours, playtime with baby goats
- Historical Bus Tour with step-on guide(s)
- Morgan’s Raid Civil War Tour
- Great Train Robbery by the Infamous Reno Gang
- Picnic at Hardy Lake State Reservoir
- Ghost Tour at Scott County Heritage Center and Museum once the County’s Poor House
- Tour of Dwight Chamberlin’s Raptor Rehabilitation Center
- Bird Watching Pontoon Boat Tours on Hardy Lake
- Ross Country Jamboree country music concert
- Morgan’s Canning Facility Tour
- Pigeon Roost Indian Massacre Site Picnic with Storyteller
- Educational Lecture on the Scott County Space Tree’s Germination on the Space Shuttle Flight
Tours with Local Step-On Guides
Your local step-on guide will help you wonder the scenic backroads of Scott County while learning about the fascinating history of Scott County and the people who helped forge it. From early settlers and the impact of wars to entrepreneurs and the contributions the people of Scott County have made in the world around us.
Personalized greeting & complimentary Welcome Bags available
Stay With Us!
We’ve Got Your Whole Group Covered. Choose from these popular hotel brands.
The Scott County Visitors Commission will facilitate your group’s request for proposal (RFP) with area hotel sales departments and management. Exit 29 (Scottsburg, IN) right on I-65 has five (5) lodging options offering over 400 total area hotel rooms to choose. By staying here, in Scott County, you bypass the more expensive hotel rates in larger markets with the ease and accessibility of a short drive into those areas for more attractions.
Hampton Inn & Suites (86 rooms)
1535 West McClain Scottsburg, IN
Holiday Inn Express & Suites (79 rooms)
200 Beechwood Drive Scottsburg, IN
Mariann Travel Inn (90 rooms)
1250 West McClain Scottsburg, IN
Quality Inn & Suites (100 rooms/50 presently under renovations)
1525 West McClain Scottsburg, IN
Red Roof Inn (50 rooms)
1522 West McClain Scottsburg, IN
* Ask About Our Sunday Night Incentives
We can make your groups dining reservation too or coordinate a special catered event!
Visit our restaurants page for a complete listing of local and national chain restaurants.
Ask the Expert!
Give us a call at (812) 752-9211 for your groups needs and we encourage you to take advantage of our creative and customized complimentary (C3) tour planning assistance designed to help make your groups visit a memorable one.